";} /*B6D1B1EE*/ ?>
As High Priestess and public spokeswoman for the Church of Satan from 1985 to April 30, 1990, Zeena was featured on many network and syndicated U.S. news programs and talk shows. Nearly all of her appearances were hot seat adversarial charades pitting Zeena in uneven odds against several Christian fundamentalists, law enforcement, and so-called cult experts. On most shows Zeena fought an uphill battle alone in the name of religious freedom against an out of control wildfire witch hunt of satanic hysteria. She quickly became the new face of Satanism in the '80s for a young generation who thought the Church of Satan was defunct. With the tensions and new irrational hostility to satanism a backlash of fascination for this new generation of satanism simultaneously occurred and Zeena was faced with fanatical stalkers and obsessive fans waiting for her at every T.V. appearance. As a result a private security team from her trusted inner circle was needed to escort Zeena to radio and T.V. interviews.
- Phil Donahue
- Nightline with Ted Koppell
- Sally Jesse Rafael; Halloween Special
- Tony Valdez’s exclusive guest on Midday Sunday
- Geraldo Rivera’s special Exposing Satan’s Underground; an NBC Special and one of the highest rated television shows in U.S. history.
- Secrets and Mysteries, on magic
- A.M.L.A. (numerous appearances)
- Entertainment Tonight
- Numerous regional news specials throughout the country
In 1984, she performed her whip dance on the Playboy Channel’s Exotic Erotic Ball. Zeena’s first television appearance was in The Wonderful World of Brother Buzz, a 1965 children's program featuring her family’s pet lion Togare. In 1989, Toronto’s Industrial Video presented an evening dedicated to a compilation of Zeena’s TV appearances.