ABOUT ZEENA: ARTICLES, BOOKS & INTERVIEWS
Since her first media appearance in 1965, Zeena has been the subject of hundreds of sensational and biased journalistic reports and interviews. Having been raised in a publicity-hungry media circus, she saw from an early age what a sad spectacle the courting of public attention can be. She later received an invaluable if unasked for education in the myth of "objective journalism" during the height of her mainstream public presence in the United States media from 1985-1990 and in the European music press during her 1988-1993 tour of duty with Radio Werewolf. Preferring to allow her work to speak for itself and indifferent to public opinion, Zeena has granted only a very few interviews since 1993 to carefully selected specialty publications. The following examples offer a representative sample of interviews from the various phases of Zeena's spiritual and artistic evolution. The webmasters will add more as time allows. In her capacity as Hemet-neter Tepi Seth of the Sethian Liberation Movement, Zeena only grants interviews to serious scholars of religion and mysticism and/or practicing adherents of a spiritual path. Decades of experience has taught her that spiritual initiation is too complex a topic for standard journalism's limited "sound bite" and lowest common denominator perspective.
- - Interview with Nikolas and Zeena Schreck from Obsküre Magazine by Maxime Lachaud, September 2011
- - Chapter about Zeena and the SLM from The Divine Energy: Contemporary notions of Kundalin, its background and role within new Western religiosity. Malin Fitger Institute of Religious History, University of Stockholm
- - Konstantinos Interviews Zeena and Nikolas Schreck, 2004
- - Letter from a Temple of Set Council of Nine member regarding the events leading to Zeena's resignation and the founding of the Storm, later the Sethian Liberation Movement, November 8, 2002
- - Interview with Zeena from the BLACK Magazine - Winter 2001/2002
- - Interview with Zeena from the *CUIR Underground: Sado-Magic for Satan Cover photo/story & written interview with Kiki Scar ©Summer 1998, Final Edition
- - The New Satanists by Gini Graham Scott and Linda Blood, 1994
- - Excerpt about Zeena from Satanism: Is Your Family Safe? by Ted Schwarz, 1988
- - Excerpt about Zeena from Occult America John Godwin, 1972
- - The Daily Telegraph 31 July, 1970
- - Press Coverage of Zeena's Baptism (1967 - 1968)
The New Satanists by Gini Graham Scott and Linda Blood, 1994
The following excerpt from Linda Blood's 1994 potboiler The New Satanists is presented here as a particularly overwrought example of the witch-burning hate literature which flourished in the United States during "The Satanic Panic". This book was quickly removed from the market due to litigation against it. In the lurid passages below, Blood offers a typically panicky critique of Zeena's Werewolf Order which manages to play up all the usual stereotypes featured in this short-lived genre. Before she renounced occultism in favor of religion, Zeena led all three of the sinister groups Blood lists in her infernal inventory of supposedly dangerous organizations. Blood's book proved to be one of the last gasps of the "Satanic Panic" which coincidentally came to an end along with the 1981-1993 Reagan-Bush right-wing religious regime.